Transfinder Achieves 13.5% Revenue Growth in 2011
Transfinder, a leading provider of transportation management solutions for more than 1,500 school districts in North America, today announced significant corporate milestones for 2011. The Company added 169 new clients, expanded its products and services, increased its staff, and achieved double-digit revenue growth. Revenues grew from $5,800,000 in 2010 to $6,500,000, a 13.5% increase, and staff grew from 45 to 60, representing a 33% increase over the prior year.
Antonio Civitella, president & CEO, said, “Our growth this year demonstrates that we are meeting the needs of school districts that are trying to find ways to increase transportation efficiencies and reduce costs. We have been fortunate to be able to offer products and services that meet these needs and have grown the company as a result. At the same time, we continue to enhance and expand our product line and services to benefit our clients for the long term.”
Civitella recapped the highlights of 2011 at his annual State of the Union company meeting held at The Desmond on Monday, January 16th:
- Started groundbreaking for a new corporate headquarters in downtown Schenectady to accommodate up to 125 high-tech jobs at Transfinder;
- Expanded the staff in client services, client relations, development, and quality assurance to support a growing client base;
- Created a new Professional Services division to consult with school districts seeking to improve their transportation operations, manage change, and reduce transportation costs;
- Released version 10.0 of the company’s flagship routing solution, Routefinder Pro, offering new features and functionality for student attendance tracking and boundary planning options for redistricting; and
- Held another successful National Client Conference in San Antonio, attracting more than 200 attendees from 29 states and Canada.
Civitella added, “2011 has been a banner year for the company with significant revenue and employment growth as well as expansion of our products and services. I believe the company has reached a new platform of performance and fully expect 2012 to be a record year.”
Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Schenectady, New York, Transfinder is a national leader in student transportation management systems and services, offering routing and scheduling solutions for optimal transportation logistics. A business partner of Pitney Bowes Business Insight – MapInfo, Transfinder applies MapInfo's industry-leading mapping technology and database management to deliver superior transportation and logistics management solutions. Transfinder products allow school districts to manage bus routes, provide safe and efficient student transportation, and access a wealth of critical district information. For more information, visit www.transfinder.com.